(1) The quality of being one of a kind
"That singularity distinguished him from all his companions"
(2) Strangeness by virtue of being remarkable or unusual
From < < ; see .
- the state of being singular, distinct, peculiar, uncommon or unusual
- a point where all parallel lines meet
- a point where a measured variable reaches unmeasurable or infinite value
- the value or range of values of a function for which a derivative does not exist
- a point or region in spacetime in which gravitational forces cause matter to have an infinite density; associated with black holes
- A proposed point in the technological future at which artificial intelligences become capable of augmenting and improving themselves, leading to an explosive growth in intelligence.